The mission of the AMEA is to promote the study and enjoyment of music by supporting comprehensive music instruction and providing professional development activities. AMEA has been the comprehensive voice of music education in the state of Arizona for over 75 years.
What can membership do for you?
- AMEA membership includes membership in NAfME (the National Association for Music Education) which provides access to lesson plans for your content area, information on advocacy and the national standards. (visit nafme.org for more information). Also included is membership in our three constituent organizations, the Arizona Band and Orchestra Directors Association (ABODA), the Arizona Choral Educators Association (ACE) and the Arizona society for General Music (AzSGM)
- AMEA provides the leading professional development training for music educators in the state at the annual AMEA In-Service Conference. This year the conference will be held on at the Phoenix Marriott Mesa. Offerings include a variety of sessions in all area of music grades K-12 in addition to collegiate. With over 800 teachers in attendance and recertification hours available, this is an outstanding professional development and networking opportunity! New this year, our conference will feature a clinic for administrators on how to evaluate music teachers.
- Engagement in a thriving and helpful professional network.
- Performance and festival opportunities for students that include teacher training opportunities.
- Access to the Arizona Music News, the official magazine of the AMEA.